2014/06/09

Why this blog?



I started this blog because I want to share...


In april this year my 11 year old daughter and I went to Zonhoven, Belgium, to Yvo at his trikeshop (www.trike-shop.be). We rented two trikes for a day (I tried ICE, my daughter a KMX) and I knew right away I found what I was looking for. Why? Because of the combination of being outside, easy riding or challenge yourself by going fast, comfort and most of all: the feeling of complete freedom.


A few weeks later I returned to Yvo and he took the time (the whole afternoon) to help me pick the right trike for me. I chose AZUB T-tris, because of the great comfort, the relatively low costs and... it looks fantastic! I saw a white one at Yvo's shop and I ordered a trike in white as well.


My patience was put to a test, it took more than a month before I could travel to Zonhoven for the third time to pick up my brand new trike. But it was worth the waiting. The testride was special, riding the first few meters already made me smile. This is it!


The next day, yesterday, I packed up some stuff for a trip. I didn't really plan anything, the gps and googlemaps on my phone should do. But it was a hot day and my hay fever has been pretty heavy these last few weeks. I noticed that when I was cycling it was ok, but as soon as I stopped moving, the hay fever became worse. So I kept moving!


I must admit I have to get used to the fact that you're some kind of curiosity on the road. People watch you, even make comments (especially the 'normal' cyclers: "hey, you just lay down"). A new experience I could have expected, I know...


The trip I made yesterday was a great start of my trike-life-experience. I did about 35 km, pretty much for an untrained almost 40 year old woman ;).


I don't think I'll ever travel the world on my trike, but hey, never say never. For now, I want to trike because of the great feeling it gives me, because I can forget everything that keeps me awake at night, and because of the healthy excercise of course.


I named my blog "TrikeForYourLife" because for me it marks a turning point in my life.


In this blog I want to share my experiences on my trike-trips, with a personal 'touch'. And share lots of pictures.









1 Comments:

At June 9, 2014 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Deems said...

What a great idea. I'm keen to follow your experiences on your trike and seeing the beautiful pictures of the countryside!

X

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home